Friday, September 3, 2010

beautiful day

This is the day the Lord has made;
let us
rejoice and be glad in it. Ps 118.24

... which is exactly what we did! Funny how it's so easy to rejoice in a new day when it's a "good" day. Right now the weather is astoundingly beautiful and distracting me from the things of housewife-life that need tending, my toddler isn't quite so naughty today as he's been this week, and the wee one has slept peacefully. So, it's not too hard to rejoice and be glad in this day the Lord has granted me-- although I hope that my consideration of this now will pop back into my mind on the next day in which it's NOT so easy to rejoice and be glad.
That's my hope at least.

While Eliza was snoozing in her crib this morning, Owen and I played in the backyard. His version of playing is mostly trying to eat rocks and push his cars around. My version of playing is mostly trying to catch him being still just long enough to snap a cute picture! We got a few...








There's some yummy rustic chicken pasta waiting for me to finish cooking it, laundry that's just itching to be folded, dishes patiently waiting in the dishwasher to be returned to their proper cabinets, and a toddler who's calmly lying in his crib hoping to be liberated from the napping hour.
So, I'm outta here.

Have a lovely extended weekend and enjoy this incredible weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment